Wednesday, September 24, 2014

31DC2014 Day 24: Inspired By A Book

A told B, and B told C, "I'll meet you at the top of the coconut tree!"

Okay guys, day 24 of the 31 Day Challenge 2014 is inspired by a book. The book I chose is my all tie favorite children's book, "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom". It doesn't matter that I'm 23 now, if I see this book you better believe I'm going to read it!! ;) LOL I chose to create another stylized interpretation of the book cover, ready to take a look?

I started with a base of China Glaze Escaping Reality on my pinky, OPI Hi! Pumpkin on my ring and middle, and a half and half combo of both colors on my index. When they all dried, I created the dots on the pink parts with a large dotting tool and some orange acrylic paint. I created the palm tree leaves and coconut with green and brown acrylic paint and finally I sealed it all in with Essie Good To Go and that's it :) 





Love love love this! It may be simple, but it reminds me of my favorite book and that will always put a smile on my face! What do you guys think?

It's your turn now! Post a link to your 31DC2014 day 24: inspired by a book nails in the comments so I can see! 

Thanks loves :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment