Saturday, June 15, 2013

Taste the neon rainbow!

Hey dolls

I'm super excited to show you guys what I've come up with today! It's no secret that I love neons... like a large amount. So I decided to combine them all and create some sort of neon stripe-y gradient.

I started with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and used some striping tape to create some stripes and created the gradient using China Glaze Pool Party, Orange Knockout, Sun-Kissed, I'm With the Lifeguard, Nina Ultra Pro Blue Blaze, and China Glaze Flying Dragon. I finished it off with NYC Matte Me Crazy because I'm really loving mattified neons at the moment... don't worry there's a shiny one at the end for all you who don't agree with me ;) 






And this is with Poshe top coat.


This was surprisingly easy to do and I really loved the outcome! For some reason the whole chalky look that comes with mattifying a mani really appeals to me with neons. What about you guys? Shiny or matte? 



8 comments: