Saturday, September 14, 2013

Neon tribal

Hello dears!

I'm not going to lie... I'm extremely jealous of anyone who can do a tribal nail... like I can't even handle it! Lol! But! I've been practicing and I think I'm improving! Improving enough to show you guys my attempt anyways ;) I'm not sure why exactly I used neon colors, I just kind of picked three colors I liked together and they just so happened to all be neon coincidence?! I don't think so!

I started off with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. Then I took China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard, Nina Ultra Pro Blue Blaze, and Orly Highlighter and blocked off my nails. After that I took my smallest striping brush and outlined and doodled with some black acrylic paint. I top coated with Poshe and I was done! 






Since I love mattifying neons I was dying to see what these looked like mattified. I used NYC Matte Me Crazy below:



I'm not sure which way I like it better... I really love neons mattified but there's just something about that shine that stands out to me ;) Which way do you guys prefer? 

Thanks so much loves :) 

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is an amazing tribal mani! I love the blues and greens that you used because they really pop against the black. Normally I prefer a shiny mani but I really like the mattified version of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lady!! I'm really feeling the mattified version too!! :)

      Delete
  2. Neon or not this design is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I think you can no longer say you are jealous of people who can do tribals, because YOU'RE ONE OF THEM! and not the worse, too! Those are perfect ^^ I like them even more mattified...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh you are too sweet!!! Thank you so much lady!! :)

      Delete
  4. WOW, wow, wooow - this is so beautiful Kristine - one of my favorites from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, this is totally gorgeous!! When I first looked, I thought these were nail wraps, they look so perfect! I can't believe you did this by hand... totally amazing. :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! You are too kind!! Lol! Thank you so much Yun!!! :D

      Delete