Monday, April 21, 2014

Super stamping, hidden holo

Happy belated Easter all!! I hope you had a wonderful day! Mine wad filled with far too much food but hey... calories don't count on holidays right? ;) haha

But anyways..

*jeopardy theme song*

I'm STILL waiting from my nails to grow out!!! -_- Thankfully they've grown long enough where I can camouflage the broken bits. At least they are coming back to life slowly but surely.... emphasis on SLOWLY ;) 

But I can only resist painting my nails for so long.

There's something about adding a holographic top coat to my bare nails that just makes me giddy. I don't know what it is but I absolutely adore the way nails look with just a thin holographic top coat over them. That's what I've been wearing on my nails the majority of the time I've been waiting for them to grow out. The other day though I thought they needed just a little bit more. So I decided to add a stamp on top and man this just might be my new favorite combination ever!

I started with one thin coat of HITS Hefesto, a sweet holographic top coat. When that was dry I stamped over it using L.A. Colors Black striping polish and Bundle Monster BM-422. I added a layer of top coat to seal it all in and I was done!






I love how simple it is yet you go out in the sun and BAM holographic-ness *.* I had a lot of fun experimenting with different stamps over this base, I like this one a lot because it has a lot of free space where you can really see the holographic base shine through. 

I'll definitely be doing more manicures like this in the future, hopefully when my nails are back to their healthy selves ;)

What do you usually paint on your nails when you're waiting for a break to grow out?
Thanks loves :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment