Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pink Herringbone

I sure do love a good herringbone design!

So when I saw THIS design on the ever talented Sam from The Nailasaurus I knew I had to bust out the striping tape one more time! I have to confess, I absolutely hate striping tape. 9 times out of 10 I will free hand stripes over using striping tape. But this particular design needs those crisp lines that striping tape can create so I had to suck it up for the love of nail art! ;) 

I started off this design with a base of Essie Blanc on my middle and ring finger. Then I taped off one half of the nail and applied the striping tape. I painted over it using Ruby Wing Kitten Heels. I pulled the tape off and did the same thing on the other side. On the rest of my nails I started with a base of China Glaze Too Yacht To Handle and added a layer of HITS Hefesto on top. I top coated everything with Essie Good To Go and the design was finished!






I really enjoyed wearing this design I actually kept it on for 6 days straight! The sweet color combination of the pink and mint coupled with the crisp lines make this one of my favorite designs to date! 

Thanks loves :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment