Sunday, July 6, 2014

Design Seeds inspired watermarble

So I forget which blog I read this on, but they mentioned something about this site called Design Seeds. Clearly curiosity killed that cat and I couldn't live with myself if I didn't check it out and I'm so glad that I did.

Design Seeds is a color palette site. It shows you what colors work well together and helps give you inspiration for different color combinations. It has been my saving grace! I always used to have trouble trying to figure out what colors went well together and what colors did not. As a result I usually mixed colors with neutrals and it made me sad because I would always see these beautiful colorful manis everywhere and just wanted mine to be that colorful! Well now, with the help of Design Seeds my manicures will me more colorful then ever ;) 

It's funny I say that though because this particular design only combines one color and a bunch of neutrals.... hey they can't all be crazy right?! LOL! Let's get on with it shall we?

I started with a base of Lime Crime Milky Ways for the base of my water marble. Then I marbled using Maybelline Color Show Clear, Essie Penny Talk, Orly Gumdrop, and Zoya Zuza. I really love how Essie Penny Talk separated, I think all metallic polishes may do that, but it creates such a cool effect! I sealed it all in with some Essie Good To Go and the design was finished. 






I really enjoyed the look of this watermarble, it's so unique. And so what if the lines aren't perfectly smooth! That's what gives it character ;) 

What's your favorite watermarble color combination?

Thanks loves :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment