Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Beachin'

Ahhh, sweet summertime.

The time to relax, kick back, and enjoy some quality beach time. As long as you're not working that is ;) 

Since I don't always have time to just take of and head to the beach I figured I would bring the beach to me! On my nails of course :) Keep reading to see how I created this look!

I started with a base of Essie Blanc on all of my nails. When that was dry I created a gradient using Lime Crime Milky Ways and Orly Gumdrop. I went back with a small piece of sponge and Essie Blanc to create the little bit of white (waves) between the gradient. Then I used Essie Blanc again and dropped a few drops in a cup full of water and sprayed some hair spray on it to create a spotted effect. I sponged Lime Crime Milky Ways over my tips again to take away the white. Then I created the starfish on my ring finger with a small nail art brush and China Glaze Wish On A Starfish (appropriate right?!) I sealed everything in with a generous coat of Essie Good To Go and I was ready to enjoy the beach!






Even though this design took SO LONG, the final product was really worth it. I felt so summery wearing this design, my only wish was that I added more sea life and shells to the sand. But oh well there's always next time right?

Do you guys love the beach?

Thanks loves :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment