Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas Gradient Ornaments

It just isn't Christmas without at least one red and green design ;) 

But can I just say, red and green are being such jerks to work with this year! Because they are opposites they technically cancel each other out meaning that if you aren't careful a gradient can turn muddy and brown. I had to redo this gradient 3 times before I was happy with it! Ready to check it out?

I started with a base of Essie Blanc so that my gradient would really pop. When it dried I taped off my nails and created the gradient using The Little LacquerBean Sexy Red Suit and The Little LacquerBean Mistletoe Mania. I cleaned up and applied Essie Good To Go so that the stamping wouldn't smudge anything. When everything was dry I stamped over the gradient using Bundle Monster Plate BM-H03 and Maybelline Color Show Bold Gold. I sealed everything in with one final coat of Essie Good To Go and that was it. 



I wasn't sure that I was going to like this mani while I was creating it. It was just so messy and nothing was going right I almost gave up. But I'm glad I didn't because I really actually loved the final product. The ornaments hide the messy gradient line and it made for a really fun and festive manicure.

What do you think guys?

Talk to you soon!
Thanks loves :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment