Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Reverse Stamping Negative Space

I am in La-La-La-La-LOVE!

So I wanted to try a new way to reverse stamp. I had heard that if you use a silicone mat you can work on multiple designs at once making creating these designs so much quicker! If you've ever reverse stamped before then you definitely know what I'm talking about (P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E) T.T

The verdict? Yeah it's a LOT quicker... but it definitely takes some practice, the technique is a little different. I had to redo these nails about 8 times before I finally got it right. But it was SO worth it! You'll see what I mean ;) 

I started off by picking up this honeycomb design from Bundle Monster BM-422 using Mundo De Unas White. Then I stamped it onto my silicone mat which I had already primed with a layer of top coat. Then I filled in the honeycombs, leaving the outlines blank with Color Club Over The Moon, Eternal Beauty, and Miss Bliss. I added another layer of top coat and waited for it to dry, then I used some tweezers and carefully pulled it off of the mat. I applied a base coat on my nails and popped on the design. I pressed it down firmly and removed the excess with an angled brush dipped in acetone. Finally I sealed it all in with one more layer of Seche Vite.




I know it sounds like a lot of work, and it is, but being able to work on more then one design at a time really does make it so much faster. And when you get an end result like this? So worth it.

What do you guys think? Have you tried this method for reverse stamping? Got any tips or tricks for me? 

Thanks loves :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment