Friday, August 9, 2013

Inspiration Nation: One Stroke Flowers

Hi cupcakes!

I think it's time for another Inspiration Nation post! My inspiration this time comes from a blogger that I have always idolized! She does amazing nail art and her nails are just freaking gorgeous!! That's right I'm talking about the awesome Lucy from Lucy's Stash :) One of the many amazing things that Lucy does is one stroke flowers. I've always wanted to do one stroke flowers... actually I tried them once wayyyyy back in January and it wasn't a complete fail, not nearly as good as hers but I knew I'd want to revisit them some day. Lucy actually wrote up a tutorial post for one of her one stroke flowers so I figured that would be a great place to start ;) 

I started with a base of Zoya Aurora. Gosh I love this color! Zoya really hit the nail on the head with their 2012 Christmas collection! After that was dry I followed Lucy's tutorial and took white and purple acrylic paint and painted on the flowers. Then I took black acrylic paint and outlined them. After some top coat I was done and super proud! 






They aren't perfect but I think they are so much better then my last attempt. Practice makes perfect that's what they say right? Not to mention Lucy's tutorial made it so much easier too!

What do you think? Watch out for more one stroke flowers on the blog because I'm totally hooked!! 

13 comments:

  1. These look awesome! I almost thought they were water decals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks so much doll! :) I can't wait to try some more one stroke flowers again :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. and I love Zoya Aurora! it's one of my absolute favorite polishes!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much!! Isn't Aurora just gorgeous? Not sure what it is about that polish but I definitely can't get enough lol! :)

      Delete
  3. they look amazing! I can't wait to try this myseld but it looks so hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jordan!! :) you definitely have to try it it's nt as hard as you'd think and Lucys tutorial makes it super easy :)

      Delete
  4. Aww, Kristine, this is sooo gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you kind words Maria! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, this is so beautiful! Your free-handed flowers are so perfect they look like stickers. :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Yun! You're too kind!! :)

      Delete