Sunday, August 18, 2013

Color Club gradient

Hi chickies!

Anyone else obsessed with holographic polishes this summer? I literally can't get enough of them! Whenever I don't know what to put on my nails I always end up using a holographic polish some way. Most of the time it's one of the Color Club Halo Hues because they are definitely my favorite holographic polishes to use. The linear holo effect they give off is super strong. And what's better then a strong holographic you ask? How about a strong holographic gradient?! ;) 

I feel like this blog has been lacking in the gradient department lately. It's not that I don't love gradients... because I really do.. it's just it's so time consuming and I hate taping my nails and I hate that the clean up process is so much more! But that's just my laziness talking ;) I sucked it up and ended up doing one of my favorite gradients to date!

I started with a base of Color Club Kismet, a beautiful pale green holo. Then I used a make up sponge loaded with Kismet and Over the Moon and created my gradient. Top coat with some Poshe and you're done! This was super quick and easy!







Look at the rainbow amazingness!

Another thing I love about the Color Club Halo Hues... they are really easy to clean up! I'm not sure if it's because they are a holographic polish or what but they are super easy to get off of my skin. This mani was so simple! It took me like 20 minutes and it's so eye catching!! Especially when the sun came out!

What's your favorite holographic polish? 

22 comments:

  1. oh this so great. what an awesome idea. *runs to stash and starts choosing holos*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amaaaazingly beautiful, I love this one so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love holos too! Great mani! I love the colors; it reminds me of the sea glass I used to find on the Rocky beach @ Seneca Lake, NY when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how sparkly they are! I never thought of them looking like sea glass but you're totally right they do! Thanks so much lady!! :)

      Delete
  4. Kristine, this is sooo gorgeous! Love the colors you used, and the holo effect in there is stunning! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Color Clib holos are some of the strongest I own and I love them so much for that reason lol!! :)

      Delete
  5. soooo cute! I'm wearing gradient manicure today, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't gradients so much fun?? Sometimes cleanup really stinks cut it's always worth it in the end! Thanks so much!!! :)

      Delete
  6. OOOOOOOH. Exquisite execution. Girl...you nailed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're so pun-ny! ;) LOL!! Thanks so much Lisa!!! :)

      Delete
  7. OMG wooooooow! What a beautiful polish - it's amazing! I would love this shade xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I need to copy this! So beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It would look beautiful on your nails!! Thank you so much!! :)

      Delete