Sunday, August 25, 2013

Inspiration Nation: Glitter Tips

Hey chickies!

Ready for another Inspiration Nation post? My inspiration this time comes from another blogger that I follow like... religiously lol! She's super sweet and her nails are always flawless! Not to mention she's so talented!! I'm talking about the lovely Marta from Chit Chat nails :) Marta is pretty well known for her skittlette manis but she does something else that I really love.. faded glitter tips! She's done a bunch of them and every time I see one I drool all over my keyboard! She's actally written up a tutorial for how she does them too. 

To start this mani I did two coats of an unnamed sheer pink polish... It was just one of those weird ones I got in a package at some store. But it works great to make my nails look unstained so I'll take it! ;) Then I took a make up sponge and ripped it in half so I had a little bit of a jagged edge. I do this so the color gradient part isn't such a straight, cut off line. Then I did the gradient tip with Zoya Zuza, a beautiful shimmery teal. When that was dry it took Orly Mermaid Tale and placed the glitter from the tip of my nail all the way to the middle. Finish off with some top coat and you're good to go!






Not only is the final result super pretty but it's actually really easy and not time consuming. Tips like these will definitely be making a repeat appearance on Pink & Polished so I hope you like them! ;) 

Thanks loves!

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are too sweet to me! LOL! Thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  2. I like these types of posts and the mani is so pretty! I'm in love with that orly ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm os glad you like post like these I think they're so much fun to do! Thank you so much!! :) And I love that orly too i never seem to use it enough! lol!

      Delete
  3. This is really gorgeous, Kristine! The nude base looks so clean and really allows the glitters to pop and shine! Love it! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is super pretty, I too prefer using glitters as a partial part of a mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel like it makes the glitter a *little* easier to remove lol! Thank you!! :)

      Delete
  5. This is a great look! I have to try it someday!

    ReplyDelete